Frequently Asked Questions
Listed below are the most commonly asked questions regarding our RemBatt Battery Pack. If you have additional
questions don’t hesitate to contact us at 904-428-8080 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Does the RemBatt Battery Pack work with all makes and models of PAP devices?
The RemBatt CPAP Battery Pack will work with most makes and models of PAP devices; however, the DC capability, voltage requirements and plug polarity of the device will determine how it connects to the Battery Pack. Some devices will require the use of a power converter or power inverter in conjunction with the Battery Pack.
- How do I turn off the humidification on my ResMed Airsense machine?
There are 3 settings in the Airsense 10 that you need to confirm to make sure the humidity is turned off. These are all in the main menu, I will also attach a YouTube video that shows these 3 settings:1. Climate Contrl – change from Automatic to “Manual2. Tube temperature – change to “OFF” scroll the dial until it shows off and push the dial again to confirm it is in “OFF” mode3. Humidity Level : change to “OFF” scroll the dial until it says “OFF” and push the dial again to confirm it is in the off position.Also make sure that you’re using the DC cord that came with the machine. This connects from the battery pack into your machine and came in a separate smaller box.
- Is the RemBatt Battery Pack safe for airline travel and FFA compliant?
Yes, RemBatt Battery Packs are safe for travel on any airline, domestic and international. The battery fits all of the
Department of Transportation/FAA regulations which are batteries must be under 300 watt hours or 25g Equivalent
Lithium Content (ELC). Insert hyperlink: http://safetravel.dot.gov/larger_batt.html. The specifications on our battery
are: 12.6 volt output, 13.6 volt input, and ≤8 amp hour. This computes to less than 8 grams ELC, well below the FAA
regulations for in-flight use and carry-on baggage. The RemBatt lithium ion battery weighs just 1.16 pounds. The weight of the pack including the carry case, DC power cord, and AC charger weighs just over 3 pounds making it one of the smallest CPAP batteries on the market.
So rest assured if you are traveling you will be able to take the battery on the airline separate from your carry on.
- Does RemBatt Battery offer a power converter or power inverter?
Yes. We offer a 24V Power Converter specifically designed for ResMed S9 Series devices as well as a 24V Power Converter specifically designed for ResMed AirSense 10 devices. We also offer an incredibly small, yet powerful 150W Modified Sine Wave Inverter. These items are sold separately from the C-100 CPAP Battery Pack.
- Does RemBatt Battery offer a DC power converter with their battery packs?
Yes, RemBatt battery offers the ResMed S9, ResMed AirSense S10, and ResMed AirMini power converter for additional purchase with the RemBatt battery pack.
- Will a power converter be necessary to use the RemBatt Battery Pack?
- ResMed S9 Devices: ResMed S9 Series devices operate from a 24V direct current and require the ResMed S9 Series DC/DC Converter or a sine wave power inverter.
- ResMed AirSense S10 Devices: ResMed AirSense S10 Series devices operate from a 24V direct current and require the ResMed AirSense S10 Series DC Converter or a sine wave power converter.
- ResMed AirMini Devices: ResMed AirMini Series devices operate from a 24V direct current and require the ResMed AirMini Series DC Converter or a sine wave power converter.
- Fisher & Paykel Devices: Currently Fisher & Paykel PAP devices do not have a DC capability option; therefore, the use of a sine wave power inverter is required.
- Do I have to use a power inverter when charging my RemBatt Battery Pack from my vehicle?
Charging the Battery Pack in a Vehicle: In order to recharge the Battery Pack from the cigarette lighter/power socket of a vehicle a 150W Sine Wave Power Inverter (or comparable sine wave inverter) or Auto Charge DC Cable is required in conjunction with the Battery Pack (conversion between 110-240 watts). Customers can purchase this from a local electronic store near their location.
- Can I charge other small devices with my RemBatt Battery Pack?
Yes, other small electronic devices can be charged with our RemBatt Battery Pack.
- A USB port car charger is included in the RemBatt Battery Pack
- Small Electronic Devices/Devices Without DC Capability/24V Devices: If the electronic device does not have a DC cable with a cigarette lighter plug, does not offer DC capability, or operates from a 24V direct current, a sine wave power inverter will be required (conversion from between 110-240 watts).
- How long with the RemBatt Battery Pack power a PAP device?
Multiple factors will affect how long the RemBatt Battery Pack will power a PAP device, including, but not limited to device type (CPAP, BiLevel, AutoPAP, etc.), pressure setting, altitude, humidifier usage, and if a power inverter or power converter is required in conjunction with the Battery Pack. Run times listed below are based on Respironics System One and ResMed S9 Series CPAP devices with no heated humidification or heated tubing.
- RESPIRONICS & OTHER 12V DEVICESSingle Battery Configuration: 1-3 nightsDual Battery Configuration: 3-5 nights
- RESMED & OTHER 24V DEVICES (use of a power converter or power inverter is required)Single Battery Configuration with Power Converter: 2 nightsDual Battery Configuration with Power Converter: 4 nightsSingle Battery Configuration with Power Inverter: 1 night
Dual Battery Configuration with Power Inverter: 2 nights
- Can I use heated humidification when using the RemBatt Battery Pack?
The use of heated humidification or heated tubing will significantly reduce estimated run times and could prevent the RemBatt Battery Pack from being able to power the PAP device. To obtain optimal Battery Pack performance we recommend you forgo the use of heated humidification. Using cool or “passover” humidification will not reduce expected run times.
- How do I connect my PAP device to the RemBatt Battery Pack?
See below for RemBatt Battery Pack connection instructions for PAP devices from the most common manufacturers.
- Respironics Devices – insert hyperlink
- ResMed S9 Series Devices – insert hyperlink
- ResMed AirSense 10 Series Devices – insert hyperlink
- ResMed S8 Series Devices (Power Inverter Instructions) – insert hyperlink
- Fisher & Paykel Devices – insert hyperlink
- DeVilbiss Devices – insert hyperlink
- Do insurance companies pay for the RemBatt Battery Pack?
The RemBatt Battery Pack is not a Medicare coded item and is not considered medically necessary; therefore, it will most likely not be covered by insurance.
- How long does it take to recharge the RemBatt Battery Pack?
It will take approximately 4-5 hours (per Battery Pack when completely discharged) to recharge the Battery Pack. The Battery Pack is made from high capacity lithium-ion cells so there is not the typical “memory loss” issues that are associated with other types of batteries. The Battery Pack does not need to be fully discharged before recharging.
- Can the RemBatt Battery Pack be recharged in a vehicle?
Yes. The RemBatt Battery Pack can be safely and efficiently recharged via the cigarette lighter/power socket of a vehicle by using an auto Charge DC Cable or 150W Sine Wave Power Inverter (between 110-240 watts; a comparable sine wave power inverter may also be used).
- Can I use the RemBatt Battery Pack as a backup option in the event of power outage?
Yes. Standard smart chargers keep the RemBatt Battery Pack topped off and ready to go as an emergency power backup during power outages. If a power outage is imminent or probable, you may connect the PAP device to the Battery Pack and plug the Battery Pack into a wall outlet. In the event power is lost the Battery Pack will automatically begin powering the device. Do not consistently use the RemBatt Battery Pack as a power backup option as this will reduce its overall life as the Battery Pack will continue to charge and recharge (charge cycles). Only use the RemBatt Battery Pack in this manner when a power outage is probable or imminent.
- Has the RemBatt Battery Pack been UN tested?
Yes. The RemBatt Battery Pack has been UN tested and meets all current requirements for shipping via air, land or sea.
- Where can I purchase the CPAP Battery Pack?
RemBatt Battery is a business-to-business company and does not sell directly to consumers. Contact us at email@example.com and we will be happy to assist you in finding a dealer in your area.
- When do I need to use a power converter in conjunction with the Battery Pack?
If you are using any device manufactured by ResMed you must use either a power converter or power inverter to complete the connection between the device and the RemBatt Battery Pack as newer ResMed devices operate from a 24V direct current and the input plugs on older ResMed devices run opposite polarity from other manufacturer devices. DO NOT connect the Battery Pack directly to any ResMed model device as doing so will damage the ResMed device.